Your nasty head pain can overshadow everything throughout your day, but the below headache cures might take it all away!
Headaches are one of the most common medical conditions, and it tends to leave anyone who gets it weak and tired. I’m no stranger to having migraine, and I’ve tried a lot of different headache cures in my time. Most often headaches are not considered life threatening. They are caused by a number of factors such as stress, staying in the heat for a long time, cold, flu, eye problems, hunger and lack of sleep.
Migraine headache are very painful and often accompanied with other symptoms including nausea, vomiting or visual disturbances. Although there is no cure for this type of headache, migraine remedies offer some relief from its associated symptoms.
For some people headaches might come often and lasts for a longer period of time, but for others it may just come and go. Irrespective of the severity of pain, there are many valid natural herbal and home headache cures, which are effective and healthy alernatives to drugs. I think everyone who suffers from nasty pain in the head need to concider the following:
My Top List Of Natural Headache Cures
Natural headache relief remedies are one of the best recommendations for everyone suffering from severe headaches, including migraine. The added advantages of using natural remedies are that they are safe, as it does not have any harmful substances in it.
1. Water: Drinking water can help reduce headache since dehydration may be a big cause for headaches.
2. Massage: Massage is one of the successful therapies in reducing headaches. Headaches caused by tension can be reduced by having a gentle massage on the head, shoulders and neck in circular motion. Watch how pros do it in this article.
3. Heat application: A heating pad or a hot water bottle placed on the head, neck and shoulders relieves tension on the muscles thereby helping to alleviate painful conditions of headaches.
4. Cool compression: Placing a pack of frozen vegetables or ice pack on top of the head or forehead creates a feeling of numbness, thus reducing headache.
5. Relaxing Yoga: Migraines tend to get worse by light and noise. A proper relaxation technique will help the muscles relax and reduces the severity of headaches. You could try doing light yoga in a dim room.
6. Lemon: Add a bit of lemon juice into a cup of tea can give immediate relief from headaches.
7. Apple: Apples are known to cure various types of headaches. It should be taken along with salt every morning in an empty stomach. This treatment should be continued for about a week time to get good results. This helps you get a more alkaline body, as well as the salt will balance you electrolyte levels.
8. Cinnamon: Headaches that are generally caused due to exposure to cold air. A fine paste of cinnamon made by mixing it with water can be applied on the forehead and temples to obtain relief from headaches.
9. Caffeine: Weird, I know! But, But one of the easiest, cheapest and most available migraine remedies is caffeine. Research done by Dr. Jana Sawynok have shown that caffeine is known to have the ability to minimize your migraine when used together with ergotamine. However too much caffeine can cause the opposite effect, so be careful.
10. Diet: The absolute best way to prevent headache is to develop physical resistance in the body through regular physical exercise, proper nutrition, as well as positive thinking.
11. Herbal Infusion: Herbal infusions are known to soothe the nerves and reduce stress levels in the body. Herbal infusions made from valerian root, lavender, passionflower and tila can be very helpful.
12. Willow bark: Concoction made from fresh, dry willow bark is an effective remedy for headaches.
13. Rosemary: Headaches resulting from cold can be treated using rosemary. The herb, rosemary is boiled in water and the steam is inhaled by the patient till he/she gets relief from headache.
14. Feverfew: Fever few not only help in the treatment of migraine headaches but also prevent the person from getting them. It reduces the intensity of migraine headaches by blocking the secretion of the serotonin, a neurotransmitter released from the brain which is considered to be the cause of migraine headaches.
15. Chamomile: This is yet another remedy for migraine headaches which can not only treat headache but also the other symptoms associated with it.
16. Ginger: Ginger has also the potential to reduce migraine fever and its associated symptoms.
The Best Headache Cures Don’t Come From Western Medicine!
Most people suffering from headaches have the habit of popping a pill in order to reduce them. But many are not aware of the fact that natural, herbal and home headache cures provide safe and effective without any side effects. They are at least worth trying, right? What if it gave you permanent relief from the uncomfortable pain caused by your headaches?