If you’re looking for some of the best arm workouts available, then I have a treat for you in this post.
In this article you’ll find what I think is one of the best arm workouts tailored for all guys that want good looking and strong arms.
A probable macro assignment or key to building and developing great arms would hinge around factors like;
- Implement multi jointed exercises as part of your bodybuilding set up
- Increase and decrease of intensity during exercise
- Overtraining would be a strict NO as it could lead to possible muscle and ligament damage
- Concentrate and intensify exercises related to tricep-muscles
- Intervals of rest would be of paramount importance during workouts so as to enable muscles grow and expand accordingly.
Best Arm Workouts – What You Need To Know
Thinking of my biceps as mountains made my arms grow faster and bigger than if I’d seen them only as muscles.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Talking about the arm muscle anatomy, the arm is constituted of 3 parts. The biceps, triceps & forearms.
In regards of the best arm workouts, an overall view of biceps exercises could revolve around:
- Standing Barbell & Dumbbell Curls.
- Dumbbell Hammer Curls.
- Preacher Curls or Inclined Dumbbell Curls.
- Dumbbell Concentration Curls.
Ideal triceps exercises would entail:
- Lying Barbell Extensions.
- Close Grip Bench Press.
- Tricep Dumbbell Extensions.
- Tricep Push Downs.
- Tricep Dumbbell Kick Backs.
- and finally Tricep Bench Dips.
Lastly forearm exercises would be limited to:
- Reverse Curls.
- Barbell Wrist & Reverse Curls.
- Dumbbell Wrist & Reverse Curls.
This video shows many of these arm excersises:
Basic Knowledge About The Best Arm Workouts
In some of the best arm workouts I would like to highlight various workouts to be carried out for the shoulders, triceps and biceps. A small reminder about words like “Rep” and “Set” in the technical context of bodybuilding: Basically a “rep” is defined as quantum of work and “set” is defined as how many times one would do reps in a particular set of consistent workload.
For example if you choose to do 20 pushups in one set and you target a minimum of 3 sets, you would eventually be doing 60 pushups of that exercise. For the beginner bodybuilder I would recommended a few sets of exercises for the shoulders, biceps & triceps for a start. A word of caution, please start off with lightweights. Get familiar with the motion of the exercises. Get used to the feel of the weight. Only then proceed to heavier weights.
Further in what I think of as the best arm workouts, the highly recommended sets of workouts have been listed as follows;
- 3 sets of dumbbell press workouts consisting of around 10 reps each
- 2 sets of upright barbell row workouts consisting of around 10 reps each
- 3 sets of side lateral workouts workouts consisting of around 12 reps each
- 2 sets of barbell or dumbbell curls workouts consisting of around 10 reps each
- 2 sets of hammer curl workouts workouts consisting of around 10 reps each
- 2 sets of preacher curl workouts workouts consisting of around 10 reps each
- 2 sets of cable curl workouts consisting of around 12 reps each
- 2 sets of close grip bench press workouts consisting of around 08 reps each
- 2 sets of lying or seated tricep dumbbell workouts consisting of around 10 reps each
- 2 sets of tricep pushdowns workouts consisting of around 10 reps each
- 2 sets of tricep bench dip workouts consisting of around 12 reps each
The keyword or message being spelled out is basically trying to encourage or guide a newcomer or the current gym freak as how to go about on building bigger and more muscular arms in both size and density.
Coming to a conclusion, I hope the above information was useful to you. If you include this into your workout regime, I really think you too will consider this to be the best arm workouts.