Acai is packed full of anti-oxidants, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids. The berries are used by various indigenous people of the Amazon region to treat a variety of health-related ailments.
- Recent laboratory studies have shown that the berries contain anti-inflammatory properties.
- Gained popularity recently as a weight-loss supplement.
- Known to promote sound sleep and improves mental clarity.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera gel contains anti-bacterial, anti-fungal anti-viral, immune stimulating and anti-inflammatory compounds; contains Vitamins C and E as well as zinc.
- Stimulates collagen synthesis and skin regeneration after burns.
- Helps to heal acne and improve the appearance of wrinkles.
- Hydrates damaged skin and will ease the discomfort associated with minor skin irritations such as insect bites, itches and rashes.
Argan oil is rich in Vitamin E and fatty acids; applied topically.
- Helps to replace squalene – which causes loss of moisture in our skin.
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and stretch marks.
- Strengthens brittle hair and nails, and heals damaged skin.
Young barley grass is one of the super foods; a very nutrient dense food that’s rich in anti-oxidants; contains high levels of Vitamin B1, B12, C, iron, calcium and beta carotene.
- Medicinal and dietary benefits include balancing cholesterol and blood pressure levels, improved immune response and cancer prevention.
- Said to promote weight loss, stimulate the digestive system and increase overall energy.
All basils are anti-bacterial and make for good insect repellents; anti-spasmodic.
- Improves appetite.
- Used in traditional medicine to treat common colds, headaches, stomach disorders, inflammation, heart disease and malaria.
Very useful as an anti-infectious agent protecting against a wide number of micro-organisms.
- Used to stabilize and calm the nervous system, relieve tension, emotions, anxiety, depression and insomnia.
- Aids in digestion and is able to relieve symptoms of colic and abdominal gas when applied topically.
- Traditionally used to treat fever, respiratory infections, skin problems, intestinal worms and urinary tract infections.
Contains isoflavones which mimic hormonal activity; is anti-spasmodic.
- Has a pain relieving and anti-inflammatory component that is useful in treating arthritis.
- Helps in the treatment of menopause, painful menstruation and uterine spasms.
- Traditionally used as a relaxant and sedative.
Contains anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Used frequently in pain-relieving massage oils due to its analgesic properties which numbs at the same time as stimulating circulation to the area.
- Acts as an expectorant clearing lung congestion.
- Traditionally used in inhalations for colds and coughs.
- Can be combined with lavender to combat acne and oily skin.
Contains anti-microbial and anti-fungal compounds.
- Used to prevent gas and bloating.
- Contains antihistamines and anti-microbial compounds that make it a good remedy for the common cold and congestion.
- The oil is used to treat fungal and candida infections.
- Effective in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome when combined with peppermint oil.
- Traditionally used to treat rheumatism, toothaches and eye infections.
Anti-spasmodic; leading source of a phytochemical cineole.
- Strengthens the digestive tract; useful in treating stomach cramps such as those caused by Irritable Bowel Syndrome or indigestion.
- Used by pregnant women to relieve morning sickness and nausea.
- Useful in calming your nerves and your mind.
- Ability to help clear congestion due to allergies, flu and colds.
Contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory compounds; very strong anti-spasmodic agent; promotes tissue regeneration.
- A mild but effective remedy for painful menstruation pains.
- Calms anxiety and stress.
- A tonic for the liver and digestive system as well as effective in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Very effective as a remedy for nausea and morning sickness when combined with ginger.
Rich in flavonoids, citric, malic and other acids, and vitamin C; rich in polyphenol antioxidants; contains a natural astringency.
- Widely used to maintain urinary tract health.
- Decreases the possibility of kidney stones due to its acidity.
- Known to disable some strains of Helicobacter Pylori – a major cause of gastric and duodenal ulcers.
Has historically been used as a pain reliever, digestive stimulant and anti-inflammatory.
- Has been shown to reduce the pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis, muscle injuries and osteoarthritis.
- Improper digestion of protein leads to uric acid buildup which is a major symptom of gout. Devil’s Claw is a popular natural remedy for people with gout.
Nature’s richest source of lauric acid; used extensively in the Ayurveda medicinal system; contains Vitamin E and K; consists of more than 90% saturated fat.
- Used in skincare because of its moisturizing properties and ability to heal cuts, bruises and infection.
- Numerous claims that adding coconut oil to your diet will increase your energy, boost your metabolism, and can lead to weight loss.
- Helps to raise body temperature to stimulate your thyroid gland and balance your hormones.
- Known to strengthen the immune system due to the anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
Rich in beta-carotene, potassium; contains anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Useful in the treatment of acne and skin ailments as it helps the body disposes of unwanted skin bacteria.
- Its bitter flavor stimulates digestion and supports the liver and gallbladder.
- Is a natural diuretic and a gentle laxative that doesn’t deplete the body of its stores of potassium.
Contains flavonoids, calcium and certain amino acids; contains anti-bacterial properties.
- Known to ease digestive ailments such as gas pains and bloating.
- Historically drank by nursing mothers to increase breast milk as well as by women to bring on a late period.
- Can help clear congestion in the respiratory system due to allergies, cough or histamines.
- Historically burnt dill seeds were applied to wounds to prevent infections because of it’s anti-bacterial properties.
Powerful anti-septic, anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory, decongestant, anti-bacterial and deodorant.
- One of the best known cold remedies because of its ability to open the lungs, encourage breathing and clear nasal and bronchial congestion.
- Used as a pain reliever for arthritis pain and sore muscles.
- Traditionally used for healing wounds, cuts, burns, abrasions, insect bites and sores.
- Eucalyptus essential oil is very effective against cavities, dental plaques, gingivitis and other dental infections.
Evening Primrose Oil
Rich in linoleic acid (Omega-6) and gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).
- Contains an Omega-6 fatty acid that’s known to help sooth inflammation and support the immune system.
- Commonly used to alleviate the pain associated with premenstrual and menopausal symptoms, specifically hot flashes and breast pain.
- Research has shown it to help prevent or even reverse (in a small amount of cases) the nerve damage associated with diabetes.
- May be helpful in relieving the inflammation related to eczema as well as the flaking, oozing and itching associated with the condition.
- The abundance of essential fatty acids have shown to be beneficial to nail and hair health.
Rich in phytoestrogens; has anti-spasmodic and anti-oxidant properties; contains concentrated amounts of copper, calcium, iron, potassium, selenium, zinc, magnesium, manganese and Vitamins A, E, C and B-complex.
- Improves digestion, relieves abdominal cramps, gas and bloating.
- Fennel seed essential oil contains chemicals that relieve respiratory congestion, bronchitis and coughs.
- Commonly used to treat asthma, anxiety, depression, water retention, low libido, angina, colic and amenorrhea.
High in anti-oxidants and Omega 3 fatty acids; contains Vitamin B complex, magnesium, potassium and manganese; has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Early studies have found that flax seeds may aid in lowering total cholesterol and LD cholesterol levels.
- One of the best vegan sources of Omega-3 oils.
- High in fibre which helps improve digestion and stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Studies have shown that ground flaxseed meal is beneficial for menopausal women by reducing the severity and frequency of hot flashes and night sweats.
Used extensively in herbal medicine throughout the centuries due to its natural anti-biotic and immune boosting properties; contains potassium, calcium, zinc and Vitamin A, B, B2, and C.
- Promotes a healthy heart and reduces cholesterol.
- Blood cleaning tonic.
- Popular remedy for bronchial infections including asthma, coughs, and chronic bronchitis.
- Can regulate blood pressure – whether high or low.
Contains Vitamins A and B, as well as essential amino acids and fats.
- Is a blood thinner and can lower cholesterol and reduce angina episodes.
- Popular natural remedy for nausea and motion sickness.
Contains more than 12 different anti-inflammatory components and 7 natural anti-histamines.
- Is known for improving blood circulation to the eyes, making it the herb of choice for eye health.
- Popular today as a remedy for forgetfulness and bad memory.
- Is known for increasing blood circulation, which is important for maintaining energy levels.
- Has been used to treat asthma and allergies because of its high level of antihistamines.
Used as an energy booster, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant because of its capacity to increase blood circulation.
- Helps the body adjust to negative stress levels and as a restorative tonic for fatigue.
- Supports a healthy immune system.
- Is known as an effective anti-aging supplement due to its ability to alleviate the effects of deterioration of the blood system as well as increasing physical and mental capacity.
Rich in powerful anti-oxidants and Vitamin A that may help prevent cancer and other illnesses.
- Historically used to treat many common health ailments such as fever, eye-problems, diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Known to boost the immune system and lower cholesterol.
- May interact with blood thinner medication and aggravate pollen allergies.
- Studies have found goji berry juice benefits mental well-being, quality of sleep, feeling of good health and athletic performance.
Know of a natural herbal remedy that’s missing? Let us know and we’ll add it to the list!