Cardamom is used for people with digestion problems such as:
- intestinal spasms.
- irritable bowel syndrome or IBS.
- intestinal gas.
- liver and gallbladder complaints.
- and loss of appetite.
Cardamom is also used for:
- common colds.
- sore throat.
- mouth and throat for infection tendency.
In some cases, cardamom is used as a stimulant for people with urinary problems.
What Is Cardamom?
Cardamom is a spice native of Middle East, North Africa, and Scandinavia. It refers to several plants that are similar to Genera Elettaria and Amomum in the ginger family. The cardamom has small seed pods, triangular in cross-section and spindle-shaped, with a thin papery, outer shell and small black seeds. It grows up to 4 meters in length, in thick clumps, and each pod of the Cardamom measures about 1-2 cm in length.
Cardamom is known to be expensive compared than the average spices.
What Are Cardamom's Nutritional Content?
Cardamom is an exotic spice that contains many chemical compounds that are known to be anti-oxidant, disease preventing and laden with health promoting properties. The pods contains essential volatile oils that include:
- 1, 8-cineole.
- a-terpineol acetate.
- methyl eugenol.
- and trans-nerolidol.
Products With The Cardamom Benefits Available At Amazon
If you like the cardamom health benefit or the cardamom taste, you can find cardamom powder and seeds available at Amazon:
- Full Spectrum Cardamom 400mg 60mg capsule by Swanson Premium – which is a traditional Ayurvedic herbal supplement and a natural source of antioxidants.
- FIG+YARROW Organic Basil + Cardamom Lip Balm – which is deliciously natural, nourishing and moisturizing lip treatment.
- FIG+YARROW Organic Cardamom + Coffee Body Scrub – which has invigorating blend of natural ingredients that has antioxidants to prevent from free radicals.