You often hear about famous people trying some new medical treatments and procedures to look younger and more attractive. But you also hear about famous people going for all natural ways. There has been a movement recently about going organic, juice diets and going for natural massages to look and feel good.
We have advocates for the mentioned naturalness. But have you heard about acupuncture for facial rejuvenation? It’s not as well known. Yet.
Introduction to an Ancient Way of Healing
Acupuncture originated in China thousands of years ago. It was only later, in the 20th century that it became famous in the west.
Acupuncture is the insertion of tiny needles in the skin. But the needles aren’t inserted anywhere, the insertion requires the acupuncturist to locate specific points on the body. The insertion varies in depth too. Today acupuncture is known as a good therapy because of its role in the alleviation of pain.
Acupuncture for Facial Rejuvenation: How it Works
Acupuncture for facial rejuvenation requires a series of steps. The rejuvenation happens after the sterile thin needles are inserted. Here’s how it works.
- As the needles are inserted, they will start to pinpoint the motor points under the skin. The motor points are responsible for the tightening and the slackening of the nerves. If there’s no stimulation, the skin will either be too tight or slackened thus causing fine lines to appear.
- Once the needles are in place, the needles will start to stimulate the dermal layer of the skin. This will induce the production of collagen and elastin. Both have been known to be important in keeping skin look younger and fuller.
- The process promotes the circulation of the blood too. It also helps the lymph energy circulation in the face. Good blood circulation will make skin appear younger and healthier.
- A healthy glow will then be observed. Unlike other treatments, the glow that acupuncture induces is natural.
- Your whole body will feel rejuvenated as well. How? In your face, the ancient acupuncture beliefs are the major acupuncture channels. These channels are connected to almost all the important points in your body. Once they have been stimulated for the better, it will help you to become more rejuvenated and energized as well – both mentally and physically.
Some other benefits after your acupuncture facial rejuvenation are:
- You will feel an upturn in your energy levels.
- You will sleep much more soundly.
- You will get the benefit of more balanced hormones.
- You develop a much better outlook in life.
So break out from your old belief that acupuncture is for pain and therapy alone. It has its own share of treatments for beautifying you too. Once again it is a natural treatment, with no anesthetics or chemicals involved. But of course it’s still your prerogative as to what rejuvenation process you want to take. For now, why not consider acupuncture?
Reggie is a vegan, loves organic foods and is passionate about health and beauty. Currently she’s blogging for the Australasian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery.